Terms and Conditions
We make every effort to provide you with the best services in a pleasant and friendly atmosphere at all times. We strive for your complete satisfaction to provide a safe and secure journey to the best of our ability without any misunderstandings between the tour escorts, the company and you at any time.
The Terms and Conditions given hereunder and on our website, the tour registration form and (any other printed material) and Brochures, (together with How to book your tour section) from the World Showcase form the basis of our agreement and understanding with you. You are required to read, understand and accept all the terms and conditions and Brochure before you register yourself / family / friends for any of our tour.
Your contract is with Andaman ocean tours and travels. A contract exists between us when we have confirmed you on our tour / hotel booking / or any other travel related services of your choice and we have received your booking request and deposits. All correspondence/s in respect of Tours / Travel Service bookings should be addressed to M/s. Andaman ocean tours and travels.
Rights to amend the itinerary if required:
Tour once commenced will strictly go as per the itinerary finalize. In case of events and circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to change all or parts of the contents of the itinerary for safety and well being of our esteemed guest.
All itineraries are sample itineraries, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, the physical ability of the participants etc. may dictate itinerary changes either before the tour or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change any schedule in the interest of the trip participants’ safety, comfort & general well being. The itinerary is tentative, the days and timings may be changed depending upon the ferry and boat availability.
For the services contracted, 50 % advance payment should be made to hold the booking on a confirmed basis and the balance amount should be paid before commencement of your tour. We hold the right to decide upon the amount to be paid as an advance payment, based on the nature of services and the time left for the commencement of the services. Apart from the above in some cases like special journeys like Palace on Wheels, hotel or resort bookings during the high peak tourist season (X-Mass, New Year) full payment is required to be sent in advance.
Payment can be made by Bank Transfer, Cash payment by Demand Draft / Cheque. All payments should be free and clear of any withholding tax and deduction. Bank charges, if any, for remittance (by remitting bank or by intermediary bank) would be strictly borne by payer.
Arrival and Departure Policy:
First day of the tour shall start at any time (i.e. in the morning/afternoon/ evening) at the first destination depending on the arrival of the respective flight/cruise same shall be in case of the last day of the tour. In other words, a ‘Day’ shall mean a part of the day or 24 hours or its part thereof.
All hotels in Andaman have an early check out time and late checkout is subject to availability. Later check-outs are available on request and subject to availability / Payment. We can always make a request for early check-in or late checkout if required but we do not guarantee that, that entirely depend upon the policy of the hotel, time of the year and availability of the room. Breakfast is not included on day of arrival and the hotels will charge extra for the same.
Right to Reserve:
The Company reserves the right to cancel the booking / registration of any of the tourist after acceptance of the payment therefore but prior to commencement of the tour, without assigning any reason. In such event the Company shall refund the payment received from the tourist for the tour but without payment of any interest thereon.
The guest agrees to adhere to the policies, rules and regulations of the Andaman Ocean tours and travels. Should the guest conduct himself/herself in a manner threatening to the tour or any of its employees and/or other guest(s), we reserve right to refuse service or expel him/her from the service. In this event, the guest is responsible for all costs and no refund will be issued for any unused portions. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
Right to terminate the booking:
Terminate the booking / registration during tour if the tourist is not following the decorum of the tour or misbehaves or without assigning any reason whatsoever. In such an event, no refund or compensation will be paid to the tourist and he will have to bear and pay the expenses for his return travel.
Ferry schedule policy:
Please note that the ferry timings are subject to change without notice. All ferry transfers are subject to weather conditions, sea conditions, sailing permits and Department of Shipping schedules.
- Kindly note that we do not guarantee the sailing of Govt. ferry / MV Makruzz & in case it does not sail due to bad weather or a technical snag we will not be held liable for the same.
- In order to get transfer services from us, you are kindly requested to send all passengers names and ages to book the tickets from PB – Havelock – PB.
- Tourist will carry their luggage along with them. The management / staff are not responsible for loss of their belongings such as cash, valuable articles, mobiles etc…, during the journey.
- Our liability is only to value of the ticket and in case of any loss or extra payment for extra services needs to make Andaman Ocean will not be liable for it.
- Please note that the charges mentioned are only for the base category and in case the same is not available, we shall try and block you either on the upper category and the difference for the same can be paid on arrival. Andaman ocean tours and travels merely assist guest with transfers and in case of non availability of tickets or cancellations our liability is limited to the value of the ticket. We will certainly assist in arranging alternates and offer the same to the guest payment for which can be
Tourists are responsible for their own baggage. The baggage at the airport, during any air travel, in coaches, at immigration points etc, tourists have to verify and be responsible for the same. The porter age or the tips for services rendered to carry tourists baggage to the rooms is guests responsibility and have to be paid directly to the service provider. The “porter” or any helper arranged by the tourists at any airports, at immigration points or any other place is the sole responsibility of the tourists and have to pay tip directly to them
The Company advises tourists not to carry valuable items to the extent possible with them on tour and invariably carry such items, if any, with them while leaving the hotel for whatever reasons and not to keep any valuables, money or important travel documents etc. in suitcase. Better keep them in safe deposit lockers. In case of any loss suffered by the tourist the Company is not liable or responsible for the same.
Shopping is one of the important activity of any tour. All tourists are hereby made aware that Andaman Ocean tours and travels neither recommends nor promote any specific shop or vendor for shopping purpose. We understand that the guests are wise enough to decide themselves what to buy and where to buy. It is a sole discretion of the Guest. Hence, Andaman ocean tours and travels do not take any responsibility or liability in case of any cheating or misguiding by the shop owner.
Any person who has a contagious disease is forbidden to travel, any person found during the tour with such a disease will be asked to leave the tour and will have to make their own arrangements to return home.
Scuba Diving / Snorkeling/Fishing/Boating etc. have extra charges.
Most of the museums, Ross Island, Baratang and Redskin/Jolly buoy remains closed once in a week and on certain public holidays and its is client’s responsibility to check and consult if their schedule is such that they are able to visit all the places.
Additional facilities including Laundry, telephone, mini bar, alcohol, beverages, food, optional excursions, excess baggage fees, shopping, paid toilet if availed by the tourist, have to be paid by the tourist only before leaving the hotel, ship/cruise or restaurant etc. as the case may be.
At some places/destinations/country, there are paid toilets haults, which tourist have to take care on their own.
We do not have any insurance policy covering the expenses for accident, sickness, loss due to theft, or any other reasons. Visitors are advised to seek such insurance arrangements in their home country. All baggage & personal property/s at all times are at the client’s risk.
Passports & Visas:
To travel India from overseas countries except for the citizen of Nepal & Bhutan, one needs a 06 month valid passport and a valid Visa. And processing of Passport and Visa are not included in the tour cost.
In case your Visa has been received kindly do check and ensure that there is NO SEPARATE STAMP stating ‘Entry to Restricted Areas Not Permitted’. If this exists, do contact the Indian mission to amend the same.
Please also note that there is a pre-printed separate line in the Visa which would state: ‘Not valid for prohibited, restricted and cantonment areas’ and this line can be ignored.
Kindly note this is a Government related requirement and we will not take any liability in case of a guest having to return back from airport due to non compliance of the government rules and regulations. Our normal cancellation policy will apply.
Government rules for NRI (NON RESIDENT INDIAN) tourist:
All tourists staying abroad including NRIs or foreigners should abide by all the laws, rules, and regulations of Government of India and / or the country concerned while undertaking the tour.
Privacy of Information:
Any Information furnished by the tourist to the tour escort / leader/ Manager / Assistant and or the Company, is subject to disclosure thereof as required by law or by an order by court or the rules, regulations and enquiry by any government / statutory authority. Company shall not disclose any data of its own under any circumstances to any guests including any kind of clarification on itinerary, tour.
External Tourists not allowed:
Guests other than tourist are not to be invited on tour by any tourist and they are not allowed to use any of the services of the tour.
Our Liabilities & Limitations:
- Standards of living vary greatly from country to country or place to place. Be advised that living conditions may be different in respect to provision of utilities, services, food and accommodation outside of your country or even from other states, region or destinations. Andaman Ocean tours and travels assume no responsibility for illness or inconvenience resulting from the service provided or omitted.
- Please note that after the finalization of the tour/service cost, if there are any hikes in entrance fees of monuments/museums, taxes, fuel cost or guide charges by the Govt. of India, the same would be charged as extra.
- Andaman ocean tours and travels act only in the capacity of agent for the hotels, transporters & contractors providing other services & all exchange orders, receipts, contracts & tickets issued by us are issued subject to terms & conditions under which these services are provided by them.
- Our rates are based on the prevailing rates as negotiated by us with the hotels, car rent and ferry tickets etc. Hotels, car and ferry tickets retain the right to modify the rates without notice. In case of such changes the rates quoted before the modification, can be changed by us according to the modifications by hotels car rental and ferry tickets provider. All hotel bookings are based on usual check in and checkout time of the hotels until unless indicated in the itinerary.
- We shall not be responsible for any delays & alterations in the program or expenses incurred – directly or indirectly – due to natural hazards, flight cancellations, accident, breakdown of machinery or equipments, breakdown of transport, weather, sickness, landslides, political closures or any untoward incidents.
- We shall not be responsible for flight/ship delays, on account of any reason whatsoever rescheduling/cancellation of flights /ship inter-connection meals not being served etc.
- We shall not be responsible for any overstay expenses on account of any delay or changes in air, ship, or cancellation of special bogie on account of Force Majeure including weather conditions, strike, war, quarantine, or any other reason whatsoever.
- We shall not be responsible for any Sightseeing missed and/or the program being curtailed after commencement of the tour and/or before the due period on account of Force Majeure including any unavoidable circumstances and any reason beyond company control including political, natural calamity, monument under renovation, VIP movement and security, heavy rush at sightseeing places, road traffic congestion etc.,.
- We shall not be responsible for any loss of baggage by independent contractor or their agents, hotel staff, bus/coach or during tour including damage or loss caused to the tourist due to Force Majeure, negligence or technical fault or any other reason whatsoever on account of any change, amendment or cancellation in their schedule by ship/ Airline Authority.
- We shall not be responsible for death of the tourist while on tour and all applicable rules and procedures of law are to be followed strictly and all the procedures pertaining to the death will have to be tackled and handled by the tourist or their relatives themselves at their own cost and consequences.
- We shall not be responsible for any injury, loss, personal harm, death or damage caused to any person or property by the act or default of the management / employees / agents of any independent contractor.
- We shall not be responsible for any damages, additional expenses or any consequential losses suffered by the tourists due to Cancellation, Amendment and or alteration of any of the services of the tour mentioned in the itinerary / Brochure by the Company after the registration / booking by the tourist.
- We shall not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage to person, property, or otherwise in connection with any accommodation, transportation or other services, resulting – directly or indirectly – from any act of GOD, dangers, fire, accident, breakdown in machinery or equipment, breakdown of transport, wars, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, thefts, pilferages, epidemics, medical or custom department regulations, defaults, or any other causes beyond our control
Complaints or grievances:
If the tourist has any claim, grievance and / or complaint in respect of services provided by any of the independent contractors, the tourist shall immediately notify the same to the independent contractor in writing, and a copy thereof is handed over to the tour escort / leader / Manager / Assistant and /or Company not later than 7 days thereof to enable the Company to take up the matter with the concerned
All disputes pertaining to the tour and any claim arising there under shall be subject to the Court of competent jurisdiction at Port Blair, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, India only.
Each of these conditions shall be severable from other if any provision declared invalid, illegal or unenforceable, then remaining provisions nevertheless have full force & effect.