WHAT TO PACK FOR YOUR VISIT TO ANDAMAN
When you pack your clothing, consider the climate at the time of year you are travelling and any specific requirements for your trip as at certain times of the year some of the items suggested in the list that follow may not be necessary.
Below is a list of equipment and documentation that we suggest you take with you. Please use this checklist as a guide when packing for your holiday.
CLOTHING AND ATTIRE
CLOTHING & ATTIRE:
• Sunglasses, Hat or Cap for shade from the sun
• Light cotton clothing, sarongs, sun dresses, light shorts or pants, light shirt
• Bathing suits. Board shorts, bikinis etc
• Slides, slippers & comfortable open shoes
• Smart casual for evening meals
• Sleeping attire
• Raincoat / poncho
• Sunscreen with high SPF
• Insect repellent
• Sunburn relief products
• Your own skin care or face wash cream
• Vital medications
• Normal home toiletries such as toothbrush and paste, razor and cream, deodorant etc.
• Toiletries/roll of toilet paper/travel wipes
• Bathing / swimming attire
• Hand sanitizer
• Clothes-washing soap
• Digital camera or video camera
• Mobile / camera Charger
• Extra film, batteries, and memory cards. Bring more than you think you’ll need.
• Money belt
• Basic first aid kit (band-aids, aspirin, disinfectant / antiseptic, tweezers
• Ear plugs if you are a light sleeper
• Extra bag for tourist items you pick up along the way.
• Spare contact lenses and glasses
• Travel guide, field guides, reading material
• Notebook, pens.
• Travel clock with alarm
• Water bottle
• Credit Card (Visa / Master Card)
• INR (Indian Currency)
• Passport (OCI / PIO / Foreign Nationals)
• ID proofs for Indians (Either Passport, Drivers License, PAN card, Voter’s ID)
• Flight tickets
• Hotel booking vouchers
• Travel itineraries
• Spare passport photos
• If you have special medications – a doctors certificate
• Instructions on medications if you have special requirements for attending doctor.
Do not bring expensive items such as family jewellery, family heirlooms, costly watches, or any keepsake items you would greatly regret losing.