Andaman Entry Formalities
Indian Nationals need no permit to Visit Andaman. However permits are required to Visit Nicobar and other tribal areas, which are given in exceptional cases. Application on a prescribed form may be addressed to the Deputy Commissioner, Andaman District, Port Blair.
We request you to carry a Photo-identity /Driving license /Voter Id/or Pan Card
Foreign national can stay in the islands for 30Days.This can be extended by another 15days with permission. They require a Permit to stay, which can easily be obtained on arrival at Port Blair from the Immigration authorities. In addition, permits can also be obtained from Indian Mission Overseas, Foreigners registration office at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata and the Immigration authorities at Airports at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai.
Day and Night Visit Allowed
- Havelock Island
- Municipal Area, Port Blair
- Long Island
- Neil Island
- Entire Island of Middle Andaman, excluding tribal reserve.
- All Islands in Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park except Boat, Hutbay, Twin Islands, Tarmugli, Malay and Pluto (Night halt in these Islands subject to special permission of the UT Administration.
- Entire Island of South Andaman, excluding tribal reserve.
- Baratang Islands.
- North Passage Island.
- Little Andamans Island excluding Tribal reserve.
Places opened for day visit only
- Jolly Bouy
- Red skin
- South Cinque
- Mount Harriet
- Ross Island.
- Narcondum Island.
- Interview Island.
- Brother Island.
- Sister Island.
- Barren Island: Restricted to visit on board vessels only with no landing ashore
Please note that the above can be changed at a short notice by the government and hence request you to contact the Immigration authorities for updated information.